Simpson Hybrid S
Simpson's Hybrid S model is currently the only Frontal Head Restraint proven effective for 3-point harnesses, and it is also FIA and SFI approved. Additionally, in a partnership with Detroit auto manufacturers, the Hybrid S is third party tested to FMVSS208.
The Hybrid S allows high-performance driving instructors, auto manufacturing test engineers, and other drivers with 3-point harnesses access to the advantages of head restraint safety.
The FIA Hybrid Head Restraint, in conjunction with a Snell or FIA rated helmet and a 3-point harness, reduced neck tension significantly when compared to a test with only a helmet and 3-point harness.
While we can offer head restraint protection for use with 3-point seatbelts, Simpson’s top concern is driver and instructor safety. We suggest a Full Containment Cockpit System that includes a Full Containment Seat, Snell or FIA rated Helmet, FIA or SFI approved Frontal Head Restraint, and a 5 to 7-point seatbelt harness system for the best protection while on the track.
- FIA 8858 approved, SFI 38.1 certified
- 3 point belt compatible
- High-quality carbon fiber construction
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit.
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath.
- Ships race ready with post clips
- Seat belt anchor system
- Helmet anchors available for upgrade
- Made in the USA
- Please call 1-800-654-7223 for custom sizes
- Post Anchor option DOES NOT include helmet hardware
- $8 FIA Hologram fee is included in price
60 years of safety
Racing and riding is more than what you do, it's a part of who you are. We get it, because it's who we are too. Since 1959, NASCAR, racing enthusiasts and motorcycle riders have trusted Simpson Performance helmets, head and neck restraints, harnesses, racing suits, gloves, shoes, off-road seats, window nets, drag parachutes and more to provide an unparalleled level of comfort, performance and protection.